一本属于庭勃士的英语百科全书，大部分表达来自《瑞克和莫蒂》（Rick and Morty）。
What about: objection or potential problem
Honey, I got a new job but I need to move to Beijing.
What about me?
Hey let's have a house party tonight.
Yeah but what about the neighbours?
How about: suggestion or "open" possibilities
How about having lunch with us?
How about we go on a picnic this weekend?
我们周末去野餐如何？（How about 后面可以接句子，What about 不可以）
as advertised 名不虚传
- One thing's for sure, you're just as pretty as advertised.
Already 🆚 Yet
- The staff have already finished the work.
- Have you finished it yet?
- I haven't finished it yet.
anal sex 肛交
You're young. You've got your whole life ahead of you, and your anal cavity is still taut, yet malleable. 你还有大好人生，肛门也紧致有弹性。
cavity比 hole 正式，指实体内中或表面的空洞或空腔。
Goldenfold's got more control here than I anticipated. 我没想到 Goldenfold 这么厉害。
- I appreciate your understanding and support.
- I appreciate it.
We all know that we should never judge a book by its cover, but in reality people do. 我们都知道不应该以貌取人，但在现实生活中人们还是会这么做（Appearance doesn't tell you everything）。
as it is 已经
You know, I mean, y-you're perfectly scary enough as it is. 你现在就已经非常吓人了。
I'm not buying the children anything else today - I've spent far too much money as it is. 今天我不会再给孩子们买任何别的东西了——我花的钱已经太多了。
I have it on good authority 我敢保证
I have it on very good authority that your life's in danger. 我有可靠消息，你现在有生命危险。
- Over 500 staff are facing the axe.
bail on 放弃；失约
He bailed on Mom when she was a kid! 他甩开了当时还是个小孩的妈妈！
I mean, it's not like he's a hot girl. He can't just bail on his life and set up shop in someone else's. 他又不是漂亮妹子，挥霍完青春再找一长期饭票。
You drive a hard bargain, but what am I supposed to do? 你真会开条件，但我能干嘛呢？
You are really a hard bargain. Are you going to place an order now? 你真会还价。你现在要订货吗？
I drove a hard bargain with the vendor before I got the price down. 我跟那个小贩费了老半天功夫才买到的。
Actually I have to admit I'm hopeless at driving a hard bargain, and I know some of my suppliers are taking advantage of that.事实上，我必须承认我的讨价还价能力很差，我知道我的一些供应商正在利用这一点。
Yeah, I know that. But at those places. the prices they ask you are ridiculously high, and if you don't bargain hard, you will get ripped-off. 是的，我知道。但是在那些地方，通常他们的要加都很高，要是你不还价的话，你就会被狠宰一顿。
Oh, man, it looks like we've hit dream bedrock here, Morty. 看来我们已经到了梦的底层了，Morty。
Well begun is half done.
I usually give people the benefit of the doubt.
- You bested us, party beast. And to that, I doff my cap.
- Okay, I'll bite.
我会上钩 / 咬饵（哎呀，别卖关子啦，快告诉我为什么。）
- He'll bite. Get him on the phone.
"Brunch" is a blend of "breakfast" and "lunch". “早午餐”是“早餐”与“午餐”的混合词。
Blend the butter with the sugar and beat until light and creamy. 把黄油和糖混合起来，快速搅拌成松软的糊状。
- His face was bloated.
I do not overstep my bounds with Morty. 我和 Morty 的关系保持得很有分寸。
I can't abide bureaucracy.
abide [əˈbaɪd] （因为厌恶而）不能忍受，无法容忍
The economy is still controlled by bureaucrats. 经济依然被官僚们所控制。
I'm sorry, morty. It's a bummer. In reality, you're as dumb as they come. 我很抱歉Morty 不幸的是你确实很蠢。
as they come按照原来的样子
"I've left my wallet at home." "What a bummer!" “我的钱包忘在家里了。”“真糟糕！”
I locked my keys in the car - bummer! 我把钥匙锁在汽车里了——真糟糕！
What a bummer! You set me up? 太遗憾了！拿我当猴耍吗？
When we get to customs, I'm gonna need you to take these seeds into the bathroom, and I'm gonna need you to put them way up inside your butthole, Morty. 当我们到了海关，我需要你把这些种子带到浴室，我需要你把它们放进你的屁股里，莫蒂。
The food in the cafeteria is abominable.
abominable [əˈbɑːmɪnəbl] 恶劣的
正式Hi, I have a missed call from this numbers. Who am I speaking with? / Who's that?
随意Somebody called me from this number. Who's this?
随意Hey, sorry I missed your call. / I apologize (for missing your call). What's up?
- My phone was on silent.
I was on anther line.
I didn't have my phone with me.
I was in a meeting.
- This is Tim calling from ABC company. Is now a good time for you for a quick phone interview?
Call it a day
I'm getting a bit tired now - let's call it a day. 我有些累了——收工吧。
You wouldn't by any chance have some sort of crazy science thing. You could whip up that might help make this dog a little smarter, would you? 你不会碰巧有什么能让这狗更聪明的科学发明吧？
You, by any chance, recognize the jacket? 是不是有可能，你认得这件夹克？
Do you by any chance have a car available? 或许你们这儿恰好有可以用的车？
He could be charismatic, even mesmerizing, but also cold and brutal. 他有时候极富魅力，能让你着迷，但他也可以冷酷、残忍。by 《乔布斯传》
Check it out
- ✔️ Hey buddy, check it out.
- ✔️ You wanna check this out.
- ✔️ You wanna check out the catalog / video.
- ❌ Please have a look.
- ❌ Pease take a look.
- National flag: 国旗
- National anthem: 国歌
- National anthem: 国歌
- October break for celebrating Chinese National Day lasts from Oct 1st to Oct 7th.
- 70th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China.
- They are very patriotic guys who are willing to give everything for their country.
- China rocks.
- China is magnificent.
- China is vibrant.
- China is dynamic.
- Chinese culture is rich and diverse.
- China has 5000 years of glorious history.
- Chinese people are friendly and hospitable.
- Chinese people are open-minded and full of can-do attitude.
- Chinese food is exquisite.
cut class 逃课
- Apparently, she's been cutting classes all week.
- Dan, you've been sleeping all day, cutting class.
- Oh, my god. It was so worth cutting class to hear this.
- That's no excuse for talking back to your teacher, or cutting class, or dropping out of school.
After a little scary coitus, they should be fast asleep and then we'll incept him. 再来场恐怖爱爱他们就要睡觉了 然后我们就到他的梦里去。
He must be very skilled at coitus. 他的交媾技能肯定很强。
Taking over the human's world will lead to nothing but more heartbreak, more cruelty. Instead, we will go to a new world and colonize it with a society of intelligent dogs. One that will not make the same mistakes as humanity and one where pet insurance will be mandatory. 占领人类世界只会造成更多的残忍与伤痛，所以我们决定去新世界建立一个智慧狗类的社会。我们不会再犯人类的错误，并且会有强制宠物保险。
mandatory [ˈmændətɔːri] 强制的；必须履行的；法定的
Mask-wearing is now mandatory in all indoor public places. 现在所有室内公共场所都必须佩戴口罩。
We had a breakdown in communication.
Pretty concise, Morty. 总结得真简练，Morty。
Convenience store：便利店（特指 7 × 24）
I need to cook.
Do you like to cook?
I do enjoy cooking.
Cooking makes me feel relaxed.
Are you good at cooking?
What are we cooking?
I'm going to start making dinner.
Can I take you out for dinner?
My treat. It's on me.
My mom made me a packed lunch /
My mom packed lunch/
My mom prepared me for a brown bag lunch /
I just brown bag it
- Have you finished eating?
- I'll wash the dishes today, and you can wash them tomorrow.
Fair enough. 好吧。
- Warm up leftovers in the the microwave.
I need to type in the coordinates to our home world. 我得输入我们自己世界的坐标。
It's not 100% correct but you're getting there.
You're pretty close.
I'm afraid that's incorrect/inaccurate.
I'm afraid you're not quite right.
- You nailed it.
- You got it.
- That's spot on.
on the count of three 我数到三
- On the count of three, I want you to yell "Cheese." One Mississippi，two Mississippi, three Mississippi…
- On the count of three, name your favorite creature.
- Now I need your help on the count of three.
bean counter （对金钱）善于算计的人
for crying out loud! 天呀；
Cool it, honey! 冷静一点儿，别发那么大的火，亲爱的。
I can't simply switch off my curiosity.
我无法压抑自己的好奇心。by Stephen Hawking（理论物理学家：斯蒂芬·霍金）
at precise time
at 10 o'clock
at noon yesterday
at the same time
in months, years, centuries, long periods
|in the morning
in the afternoon
in the evening
in the week
in March, 2015
in the spring
in the past year
in the 18th century
in the future
at days and dates
on Tuesday morning
on 28, April
on New Year's Day
on Christmas Day
on the weekend
|英式日期||日 月, 年||22 July, 2016|
|美式日期||月 日, 年||July 22, 2016|
in the morning 、
in the evening ，但却是用
at night 呢？
A： Please join us for an invitation-only event at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco
on Wednesday, September 7, at 10:00 a.m. 需要牢记的是，星期（day）总是放在日期（date）的前面。而具体时间点，则相对比较灵活，可以放在最前，也可位于最后，但不会放置在 day 和 date 之间。
A deal's a deal 一言为定
- You ripped me off. A deal's a deal.
- Don't think you'll raise the price, a deal's a deal.
- Do we have a deal?
It's a deal. 就这么定了。
It defies all logic that thing.
How dare you defy your masters!
Full disclosure, it's a piece of crap. 坦白说就是一堆废铁。
We need full disclosure. 我们需要你毫无保留。
Full disclosure, I've never been a big fan of your stuff. 坦白说 我从来都不是你节目的粉丝。
So in the spirit of full disclosure, 所以本着坦诚的精神
Temporary superintelligence is just a side effect of the mega seeds dissolving in your rectal cavity. 暂时的超常智力只是奇异种溶解在你肠道里的副作用。
be down with 好的；同意；愿意
- Want to go grab some pizza?
Okay, I'm down with that.
- I am up for movies, but I am not down with your movie choice.
- We are going to the movies later tonight. Are you down?
- I'm down.
come down with 患上（小病）
- I think I'm coming down with flu.
I'm done being the voice of reason. 我真受够了一直做个理智的人。
- Duck! Down! Hold on, hold on.
- He ducked in time to avoid a blow.
take a shit 上大号；大便
take a dump
drop a log 丢下一根圆木
I'm gonna go take a shit .
I need to use the restroom. 我要上厕所（大小号都一样）。
If you don't dream, you might as well be dead.
做人如果没有梦想，跟咸鱼有什么分别。by George Foreman（职业拳击手：乔治·福尔曼）
[dʌ; dɜː] 咄（表犹豫、不快或轻蔑）；（用于认为某人说错话或某事显而易见时）哦
Well, duh doy, son. 不是吗？孩子。
Do you like Star Wars? - (Finebros) Uh, duh! Okay, that's what I thought! 你喜欢《星球大战》吗？-（废话！）好，我也是这么想的！
Duh. There's no way one speargun could shoot through three heads in real life. 废话嘛 现实中一枪下去怎么可能戳穿三个脑袋。
Uh, yeah. Duh. What did you think? 是啊 废话 你以为呢？
A: How did you get in here? （你怎么进来的？）
B: Through the door, duh. （废话，当然是从门进来的。）
You can't endow a creature with sentience and then rip it away. 你不能给一个生物思想然后剥夺掉。
- sentience ['sentɪəns] 感觉性；感觉能力；知觉
- I've been here for eons.
- He's kind of the epitome of an American businessman. I really like that. He is self-established.
- That epitome of rugged wildness, the grizzly bear, seems to be the only species other than humans to have invented the comb.
- In Nigeria, maybe now it's changing a little bit, but in Nigeria, eating plain, white rice is the epitome of poverty.
- Even now in her sixties, she is the epitome of French elegance.
- Maureen was the epitome of sophistication.
All men are created equal.
I got an errand to run in a whole different dimension.
She went off on some errand.
Run an errand for me, will you? Go find Roger for me.
Told you! In your face! He is ruining our child. 我就说嘛！我们的孩子快被他毁了。
Feature vs Function
Feature：What's the difference? (特点、特征)
Function：What's this? (功能、用途)
Uh, that's flattering... and a little weird. 好荣幸 但有点诡异。
- Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.
- You’re having a fever? Drink a lot of warm water and you’ll be fine.
- I hope the children are all right.
put one's finger on sth
to discover the exact reason why a situation is the way it is, especially when something is wrong
- There's something odd about him, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
- He couldn't put his finger on the problem.
- I can't put my finger on why.
The first step is hardest.
There seems to be something fishy going on.
There's something fishy going on here.
Something is fishy, don't you think so?
Well, it does look a little fishy.
Fishy? It couldn't be more obvious.
flip out /
flip your lid 头盖（lid）骨都翻转过来了；炸开了锅；发怒；失控；抓狂
If you like that.You're really going to flip your lid over this one. 如果你喜欢那玩意儿的话，这个一定能让你大吃一惊。
Stop focusing on perfect, start focusing on done.
- Rice vinegar
- Hairy crab
- Comfort food
- Dipping sauce
- Food that reminds you of home.
- Taste buds get duller.
- Get your hands dirty.
- Extra ingredients will corrupt the flavor.
get off on the wrong foot 出师不利
- Simon and I got off on the wrong foot but we're good friends now.
- I know we got off on the wrong foot, but I'm willing to start over.
- I finally got a date with that new girl in class but I sure got off on the wrong foot with her: I had car trouble and got to her place almost two hours late.
- get/start off on the right foot
Just realized I forgot to add the shipping.
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
唯有感受难忘怀。by 马娅·安杰卢（Maya Angelou）
- Freebie thanksgiving dinner is now officially over.
- Everybody likes to get a freebie: something given to you to try for free.
from here on (out) 从现在起
Nothing but fear from here on out, bitch! 从此开始只有恐怖，贱人。
From here on out, I'm making all the decisions.
- Dont't gaslight me.
I got very angry. 我非常生气。
I was very angry 则仅表示当时的状态是生气，并不暗示过程。
I got a surprise for you, Morty. 莫蒂，我给你一个惊喜。
get off sb's back used to tell someone to stop criticizing you:
- I'm fine. Get off Rick's back. 我挺好的，别找 Rick 麻烦了。
- I had to give them up just to get your parents off my back. 我不得不放弃它们好让你父母别来烦我。
- Why don't you get off my back! I'm doing my best.
- Get off my back, I didn't sleep last night. / can't you see how
busy I am. / Don't you have anything better to do ?
The old guy's still got it. 宝刀未老。
go with the flow 随大流；随波逐流；顺其自然
- Most of them just go with the flow, ending up as something like a gas fitter or a policeman.
- In high school, I went with the flow.
I get what you're trying to say, Morty. 我知道你想说什么，莫蒂。
- go to the theatre
- go to the cinema
- go to school
- go to bed
- go to church
- go to hospital
Sleep well, Sleep tight.
Dream about me!
It's been nice talking to you.
- 翻译：与你聊天，甚是开心（nice 可以换成 interesting / fun / great）。
- 时态：可以把现在完成时换成过去时（It was nice talking to you.）
- 缩写：Nice talking to you.
- 区别：Nice to talk to you 用于对话的开始。
- 区别：Nice talking with you 没 Nice talking to you 常用，
- 示例：Well, it's been nice talking to you, but I really have to go. Talk to you soon.
It's kind of late already.
字面意思是「我很好」，引申为「我这样就很好了，不用再麻烦了」。比直接说 No 显得更委婉。
- A: Do you want one more beer?（你想要再喝一杯啤酒吗？）
- B: I think I'm good. / No, I'm good. / I'm good. Thanks.（不用了，没关系。）
I've never felt so good in my life. 我这辈字没觉得这么好过。
I've never felt so dumb in my life. 从未感到如此废柴。
You make that dog smart orMorty's grounded! 你不把狗弄聪明点，我就禁足 Morty。
I stayed out til 1 am last night and now I'm grounded for a week. 昨天晚上我凌晨一点才回家，现在被罚一个星期不许出门。
Listen up! Quit ditching class or you're grounded. No discussion. 听好了！别再翘课了，否则你会被禁足。没得商量。
Julie Mayer, you get back here! You're grounded, remember? 朱莉·梅尔，你给我回来。你被禁足了，记得吗？
I'm not that kind of guy, Morty. 我不是那种人，莫蒂。
The dimension I visited was so advanced, they had also halted the aging process, and everyone there was young, Morty, and they had been forever. 我所访问的次元是如此的先进，他们也停止了衰老的过程，那里的每个人都很年轻，Morty，而且他们一直都很年轻。
hang up 挂断电话
hang-up 恐惧; 担忧; 难堪
sexual hang-ups 性焦虑
Sexual hang-ups in the pleasure chamber are punishable by death! 在快活屋扰乱色情秩序者可处死刑！
- What you just did is
punishable by death. 你刚才的行为足以判死刑。
I don't have any hang-ups about my body. 我对自己的身体没有任何担忧。
He's one of these men who went bald very young and has a terrible hang-up about it. 年纪轻轻就开始脱发，为此他十分烦恼。
You make my day!
你让我太开心了 / 这一天因你而美好。
Charisma is important, but so is hard work. You can't always charm your way through life.
You need to stop hassling her.
That's a very popular way to pay nowadays, totally hassle free!
have to 可用于各种时态
have got to 只用于现在时，口语还会缩写成
- He didn't do the heist, I did.
Here it is
- 「It is here」的倒装：（你要的）东西在这。
Here we go
- = Here it goes，一般是说话者开始做一件事时说的，以唤起別人注意，可译做「开始了」、「动手了」等
- "Here goes" he said, and jumped into the icy water（「看我的！」他说，纵身跳进冰冷的水里）。
Here we are
Here you are
- 解释一：Here, you are served.
- 解释二：Here (is the item which) you are (looking for / requesting).
- 举例一：服务员把面送到你桌上，TA 会跟你说 「Here you are.」（你的面送到了，请您慢用）
- 举例二：出租车司机载你到目的地时，TA 跟你说 「Here you are.」（你去的地方到了）
- 举例三：朋友把东西递给你也说 「Here you are.」（你要的东西在这儿、拿去吧、给你）
- 同义词（近距离）：当店员正在拿这东西给你时，TA 会说 Here you go
- 同义词（远距离）：如果你手上正拿着想要买的东西，店员会说 There you go（你手上那个就是了）
Here are Tom and Mary（无代词就倒装）
Here they are（有代词不倒装）
There comes Tom（无代词就倒装）
There he comes（有代词不倒装）
You're gonna try to take the high road on this one? 你还想抢占道德制高点？
Don't high-road us. 别抢占道德制高点了。
I am not trying to high-road you. 我并不是想说我有多高尚。
Hook up 勾搭某人
- Friends hooking up is a bad idea.
- Now Jack's hooked up, l'm single again.
- Are you two still hooking up?
- You really wanna hook up with her?
- Holidays are for everyone.
- Happy holidays! 节日快乐！这是为了顾及不过圣诞节的人们（尤其是犹太人）。因为圣诞节（Christmas）就是基督（Christ）也就是耶稣（ Jesus）的生日，而犹太人是不承认耶稣的。他们年底也有自己的节日。
- Vacation involves traveling.
- Staycation: stay at home 的 vacation.
holy crap = holy shit = holy cow 我的天哪；我的妈呀；该死;不会吧
- we owe it all to everyone's input.
- We listen to our employees and value their input.
This is insane! 这太疯狂了！/ 这简直疯了！
It's insane what you miss in prison. 你根本想不到你在监狱里会想念什么。
Oh, wow. That's an intense line of questioning, Snuffles. 你这一连串问得有点咄咄逼人啊，嗅嗅。
This guy he doesn't understand interstellar currency.
Listen to me, Morty. I know that new situations can be intimidating. 听我说，莫蒂。我知道人在新环境里会感到不安。
More importantly, your father is a horrible influence on our son. 更重要的是，您的父亲对我们的儿子造成了可怕的影响。
It's all improvised. It's very funny. 都是即兴创作，乐趣无穷。
Let's make kindness go viral.
《瑞克和莫蒂》S1E1 17:05 Jerry 为什么说：我是愤怒的父亲 又不是即兴演说家
it takes one to to know one 彼此彼此
- You say that I'm a cheapskate, do you? well, it takes one to know one!
Looks like some sort of legally safe knock-off of an '80s horror character with miniature swords for fingers instead of knives.看起来像是某个没构成侵权的山寨版八十年代恐怖电影人物，只是小刀手变成了短剑手。
- miniature /ˈmɪnɪtʃə/ 微型的
Oh, no! I'm late to class, bitch! 哦不，我上课要迟到了，贱人！
I'm almost never late to the bus. 我几乎从来不会赶公交车迟到。
It's never too late to learn. 活到老，学到老。
There's no evidence that a latino student did it!
- Goog luck.
- Best of luck.
- I got so/really/super lucky today.
- I had such bad luck today.
- Better luck next time.
- Any luck? / No luck?
怎么样 / 成功了吗？
Look at it just lumbering around. 看它滚来滚去。
Could you send me your literature on/about car insurance policies, please? 请给我寄一份贵公司汽车保险方面的资料好吗？
Little by little 循序渐进
push it to the limit 超越极限
- I desperately wanna push this A12X to the limit.
我破不急待想把 A12X 用到极限。
- Your expectations are too high so you push yourself to the limit , affecting your state of mind.
- I told him that he should be man enough to admit he had done wrong.
- You can search me if you think you're man enough.
Manhandle them. Give them the business.
You don't have to manhandle me.
Foreign journalists were manhandled by armed police, and told to leave.
I didn't mean to hurt you. 我不是有意要伤害你。
It's over, Elliot. I mean it. It's over. 完了，艾略特，我是认真的。
She didn't mean it. She didn't mean any of this... 她不是有意的，不是有意造成这一切..……
Ｍega tree 奇异树
The mattress is too hard for him. 那个床垫对他来说太硬了。
The smaller the mind, the greater the conceit.
- For millennia, it was impossible to know.
- Trust me. That woman is a gold digger.
- She's a gold digger. She only wants your money.
- I got a feeling she's a gold digger.
The moral of this story is bros before hoes.
Friends 'til the end. Bros before hoes.
nip (something) in the bud 防患于未然
- You gotta nip this in the bud.
not any 或
- She kept none of his letters.
- None of my friends left early.
none of 这个短语有时可以表达一种断然、甚至粗暴的口气，尤其是在祈使句中：
- None of your silly remarks!
I don't have any friends. = I have no friends.
I have no time. = I don't have any time.
do a number on sb 伤害某人；打败某人；使某人难堪；把某人整得很惨。
I really did a number on my ankle when I fell.
He has done a number on Boston in the past two years.
过去两年他把 Boston 整得很惨。
The boss did a number on child laborers by paying them nothing but poor meals.
回答一些理所当然的问题时才能用 Of course，隐含的意思是「还用说吗」。
Do you hear what the boss said?
Do you speak English?
Can you help me?
当然愿意，这还用问吗？（也可以用 Sure / certainly）
Do you mind if I open the window?
Of course not.
- We are outnumbered.
- They still outnumber us 1,000 to one.
We found a pick-your-own apple orchard
I know that's not a popular opinion, but it's my two cents on the issue. 我知道这不是什么主流的观点，但我就是这么想的。
That's just my two cents. 这只是我的个人浅见（愚见）。一种自谦的表达，毕竟自己的想法只值两分钱，所以我是不会强求你一定要同意的！
If you want my two cents, I think you should just quit and look for a better job. 如果你想听听我的浅见的话，我是觉得你应该离职找更好的工作。
Packaging vs Packing
- Packing：打包。有多少箱，每箱多少件。所以装箱单的英文是 Packing list。
Yeah, it's nice to be on the same page every once in a while. 偶尔能意见一致真是蛮好的。
(every) once in a while ometimes but not often; from time to time
Logically, everyone knows that failure is inevitable every once in awhile. 从逻辑上讲，每个人都知道失败是不可避免的。
Every once in a while a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything. 每过一段时间，就会出现一个革命性产品，它将改变了一切。
Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss. But every once in a while you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare. 有有人住高楼，有人处深沟，有人光万丈，有人一身锈。世人万千种，浮云莫去求，斯人若彩虹，遇上方知有。by 韩寒译自《怦然心动》
- iridescent [ˌɪrɪˈdesnt] 色彩斑斓的；彩虹色的
Out of the frying pan into the fire. 把情况越来越糟比喻成放在平底锅上油煎的一条活蹦乱跳的鱼，跳出煎锅却掉进了熊熊炉火中；刚出油锅又入火坑；雪上加霜
Sure, you convinced Mom to stop those boring violin lessons! But that makes it easier for her to send us to Sunday school. Don't you realize we've jumped out of the frying pan into the fire? 你的确说服了妈不让我们上那些枯燥乏味的小提琴课了，但是这只会让她更有可能送我们去主日学。你难道不明白我们这是跳出了油锅却掉进火坑了吗?
You you really wear the pants around here. 这里毕竟你说了算。
There's no doubt who'll wear the pants in that house. 毫无疑问，谁会在那房子里当家作主
- It pains me to sell it.
- It pains me to bring you this news.
- I know that it pains you to see this. But I'm fine, ok? I'm fine.
They fell 41,000 ft. before opening their parachutes. 他们下落了 41000 英尺才打开他们的降落伞。
The plan is to parachute into the town. 计划是要跳伞进入该城。
- I didn’t (really / quite) catch that. 我没怎么听清楚。
- I missed that. 我没听到。
- Pardon. / Pardon me. / I beg your pardon. 麻烦再说一遍。
- Could you repeat that?
- Could you say it one more time?
- Could you run that by me again?
- Could you say that (a bit) louder? 您能说大声点吗？
- Could you say that (a bit) slower? 您能说慢点儿吗？
- I think I'll pass on the hiking next time.
- "You can join us if you like." Brad shook his head. " I'll pass, thanks."
including a pervy attraction to your underage sister. 包括对你未成年姐姐的变态遐想。
No, no, no, I was just playing dead. 不不不，我只是装死。
He's created a mechanical arm to pluck Mrs. Pancakes out of the air. 他造了个机械手臂来接住 Pancakes 太太。
- She made a pitch for the job but she didn't get it.
- She pitched her idea to me over a business lunch.
- Another client, another sales pitch, another moment of feeling disconnected from people.
Hey, honey, crazy idea bad pitch let's put your dad here.
- I'll keep you posted.
- Keep me posted.
A gift from the gods（神的馈赠）
Tim has a gift for
- Gift shopping
- Gift card
- Do you have any gift ideas?
- I got you a present / gift.
- I got a present / gift from Adam.
我在 Adam 那里收到了礼物。
- You shouldn't have.
- That's so kind / sweet / thoughtful of you.
- It's so beautiful.
- Shall I open it now?
- Don't open this until Christmas.
A take precedence over B：A 优先于 B
- Have as much fun as possible at college, but don't let it take precedence over work.
- Business people often think that fluency and communication take precedence over grammar when speaking.
Looks like Goldenfold has some predilections so shameful. 看来 Goldenfold 有一些他自己都不齿的癖好。
Lady Arryn's predilections were her own affair. 艾林夫人的嗜好是她的私事。
Looks like we've merely prolonged the inevitable. 看来我们不过是把不可避免的事推迟了而已。
- merely 仅仅，只不过；只是
- inevitable [ɪnˈevɪtəbl] 必然发生的事
You make me want to puke. 我看到你就想吐。
pumpkin pie 南瓜饼
pumpkin patch 南瓜田
Quarter the pumpkin and remove the seeds. 把南瓜一切四块，把南瓜子取出来。
Ah, well, Mr. Terry, why don't you tell the whole class the proper wordplay to use when one is chasing one's victim through a pumpkin patch? Terry 先生，你来告诉一下同学们，当你追人经过一片南瓜田的时候应该说什么啊？
Oh, come on, Terry, you can't think of a pun involving pumpkins, bitch? 你就想不出什么和南瓜有关系的双关吗？贱人。
Who cares what stupid pun you make when you kill someone?杀人的时候谁管你说什么双关呢。
pussy out 怂了；打退堂鼓；（临阵）退缩
Don't pussy out on me now. 你现在最好别惹恼我。
Keep it real.
It's beyond your reasoning. 这些超出你们的理解范围的
These seeds aren't gonna get through customs unless they're in someone's rectum, Morty.
Is this a JoJo reference? 这是 JoJo 的梗吗？
with all due respect 给予一切应有的尊重；恕我直言；冒昧的说
- With all due respect, Sir, I cannot agree with your last statement.
Okay. Let's not rehash that fight. 好吧，这个问题咱别再吵了。
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
一片树林里分出两条路，而我选择了人迹更少的一条，从此决定了我一生的道路。by Robert Frost
- We're rooting for you.
- Excellent. Which scientists are you rooting for?
Jerry, come to rub my face in urine again? Jerry 又想来把我的脸摁进尿里吗？
- urine [ˈjʊrɪn] 尿
- You keep going to the same bar. You're in a rut.
- Get out this rut we've been in lately.
Sex is sacred! 性是神圣的！
Szechuan sauce 川香酱
- Szechuan \ˈsech-ˌwän\ 四川的
- sauce 酱
Seatbelts save lives. Buckle up, every time.
I'm pretty close to death, which the serum will prevent. 我快死了，血清可以让我活下去。
We're so screwed! 我们完蛋啦！
Calm down. Screw you! 冷静点。去你的！
Screw this. I'm not playing his game. 去死，我不会玩他的游戏。
Now hand me that flat-head screwdriver.
- I don't know when the other shoes' gonna drop.
- Miguel and I go to the park on Sundays, hang out, shoot hoops.
- Hey, Joe! Wanna shoot some hoops?
- Let's go. Time to go shoot hoops.
Are you sick?你生病了吗？
I got a little sick生病了
I'm not feeling very well.我身体不太舒服。
I don't feel well.我身体不太舒服。
I got food poisoning.我食物中毒了。
I ate something bad.我吃坏肚子了。
He is sick with influenza.他患了流行性感冒。
I'm feeling bad, I couldn't make it to the party.没法去派对，我感到很遗憾。
- Might make me his new sidekick?
我会成为 Rick 外公的新宠吗？
sleep like a baby（宝宝）
sleep like a log（木头）
As soon as I closed my eyes I will fall asleep.
I was kept awake by the noise last night.
I had a sound sleep and didn't hear anything.
Are you going to stay up late.
I had a pain that kept me awake all night.
I'm used to sleeping late.
slippery slope 滑坡效应
- Once we start doing that, it's a slippery slope.
snap out of it 振作起来
- I was in a funk, and I couldn't snap out of it.
- Any idea when you will snap out of this?
do me a solid =
do me a favor =
help me out 帮我个忙
- Hey, would you do me a solid?
Well, what kind of solid?
- Do me a solid and stop talking.
- Could you do me a solid, Dan?
Sure. What is it?
Could you take this to HR, please?
- Amy, I need you to do me a solid.
My husband and I are going to a party tonight. I can’t find a babysitter on such short notice.
Say no more（我懂了） . Just tell me what time you need me there.
A sophisticated predator, nature's perfect killing machine, the vicious wolf stalks its prey with purpose and skill. It was only with years of selective breeding and genetic altering that this noble beast was transformed into man's subservient little buddy. 作为狡猾的猎食者，自然界的杀戮机器，凶恶的狼会有目的有技巧地跟踪猎物。只是经过一些年的人工选择和基因改变，这些高贵的野兽成为了人类顺从的小伙伴。
- predator [ˈpredətər] 食肉动物；掠夺者
- prey [preɪ] 猎物；受害者，牺牲品
- vicious [ˈvɪʃəs] 邪恶的；恶毒的；凶暴的
- genetic [dʒəˈnetɪk] 基因的；遗传的
- alter [ˈɔːltər] （对局部的，表面的，轻微的）改变
- subservient [səbˈsɜːrviənt] 恭顺的，屈从的；低声下气的
Now predator and prey live in harmony. 现在猎食动物和猎物和睦相处。
Countries like India and China where women, women's roles are often very subservient. 印度等国家存在男尊女卑的现象。
I am terribly sorry, but …
I'm sorry to inform you that we charge $100 for cancellations.
I'm sorry sir. It's management policy.
to + 动词原形/
that + 子句
- I'm sorry to interrupt, but there's a long- distance call for you.（长途电话）
- I'm sorry (that) I'm late.
for/about + 动词ing/
to have + 动词完成式/
that + 子句
- I'm sorry for calling you a liar.（我曾说你不诚实，真对不起）。
- I'm sorry to have called you a liar.
- I'm sorry (that) I called you a liar.
- I'm sorry to have kept you waiting = I'm sorry to keep you waiting.（由于等候才刚刚结束，当作现在的事并无不可。）
I'm sorry to keep you waiting. / Sorry I couldn’t be on time.
- I got stuck in traffic. / Traffic was slow.
- I overslept. / My alarm didn‘t go off.
- I misjudged the time.
Are you on IG?
- 你玩 Instagram 吗？
Take flattering photos of you
The picture/photo certainly/surely doesn't flatter you.
- 潜水者（Ghost follower）；只看不发任何内容的参与者
Can you be a little bit more specific? 能再具体点吗?
split the difference 折衷；各让一步
- How about splitting the difference, 2% off?
那么我们各自让一半，减价 2% 怎么样？
- Let's split the difference, and then I'll take it.
- Your future stems from your present.
- I think my problems stem from childhood.
- It stems from fear. And fear stems from ignorance.
- Embryonic stem cells are particularly powerful.
- Alma said to me when Theodora didn't come to her party, it was the last straw.
- That's the last straw. I'm just staying at home and watching TV tonight.
- Okay, that's it, that's the final/last straw.
大步走（a long step）；从容处理
- Beth was struck by how Naomi took the mistake in her stride.
- Some people find retiring difficult, but he has taken it all in his stride.
[ˈstʌmpi] 短而粗的； 矮墩墩的
Tell me, Summer, if a human was born with stumpy legs, would they breed it with another deformed human and put their children on display like the dachshund? Summer 要是一个人天生就是短腿，你们会让他和另外一个畸形配种，然后把他们的后代拿来像腊肠狗那样展览吗？
- dachshund /ˈdakshʊnd,ˈdaks(ə)nd/ 达克斯猎狗（一种短腿长身的德国种猎犬）；腊肠狗
Does this dress make my legs look too stumpy? 这条裙子会让我的腿看上去又短又粗吗?
There was a large ring on each of her stumpy fingers. 她每根短粗的手指上都戴着一枚大戒指。
Well, it's possible that your dog became self-aware and made modifications on the cognition amplifier, then turned on Jerry, Beth, and Summer after learning about humanity's cruel subjugation of his species. 有可能你的狗狗有了自我意识，然后改进了认知增强装置，然后在认识到人类对他的种族压迫后，对 Jerry，Beth 和 Summer 动手了。
[sə'faɪs] to be enough
- A simple "No, I didn't drink any beer" would've sufficed.
- A thank you would suffice.
- Suffice it to say, I was awesome.
- Just suffice to say she was really into you.
on Sundays 每个星期日
- I never get up early on Sundays.
- We do not go to school on Sundays.
It appears clear at this time that the era of human superiority has come to a bitter end. 显然人类统治的纪元将迎来了苦涩的终结。
- A supplier may be the manufacturer of goods.
- A supplier is mostly a middleman who supplies goods or services to the vendor.
- A vendor sells the goods to the consumer and is the last person involved in the supply chain.
- A vendor is rarely a manufacturer.
swing by/past （尤指在前往别处的路上）顺便快速访问某地
I told Paul we’d swing by his place around 7.30.
We can swing past the store on the way to the party.
You know what? That was all a test, Morty. Just an elaborate test to make you more assertive. 你知道吗？那只是个考验，莫蒂。只是精心的测试，可以使您更加自信。
Where are my testicles, Summer? 我的睾丸呢，Summer？
That's why I will leave you with your testicles. 所以我可以让你把睾丸留着。
He's got a giant testicle for a head. 他的脑袋是个大睾丸。
What do you think? ≠ How do you think?
- What do you think?
- How do you think?
- I love this dress! What do you think?
- It looks great on you. Buy it!
You are broke. Forget about it.
There you go
You want to know the real reason why I left Toronto? I just couldn’t stand the climate. There you go. It was just too cold!
Let me show you how to open your smartphone. Just press… here. There you go. Easy.
Keep stirring. Don’t stop. There you go… This cake is going to be delicious!
- 继续搅拌。别停啊！这就对了… 这个蛋糕肯定会特别好吃！
Just a few more steps now, one, two, three…. There you go. I knew you could do it!
- 礼貌 / 委婉地拒绝某人
A: Stay for dinner!
B: That looks good. But I already ate. Thank you though.（不过还是谢谢你。）
- But + 想突出的 someone / something + though
A: We should (really try to) eat healthy tonight.
B: Yeah, we should. But cake though! （但是蛋糕太好吃了，抗拒不了呀！）
A: This dress is so expensive.
B: But it's so pretty though! It's totally worthy it. You should try it on!
He is a thoughtful and caring man.
It was really thoughtful of you to remember my birthday.
I thought the whole point of having a dog was to feel superior, Jerry. If I were you, I wouldn't pull that thread. 养狗的目的不就是为了有优越感吗？Jerry。我要是你，就不会想做这事。
- Pull that thread：线头一拉，衣服分家。
You're tugging me too hard. 你把我拽得太紧了。
- I didn't (really / quite) understand that. 我不是很懂。
- I didn't (really / quite) get that. 我不懂你的意思。
Variety is the spice of life.
变化是生活的调味品。丰富多彩是生活的情趣所在。Trying different things keeps life interesting. Give anything a go.
I smell the violation of civil liberties!
I consider it a violation.
You're kind of killing the vibe in here. 这儿的气氛都让你毁了。
up against a/the wall 碰壁；走投无路
You really got me up against a wall this time, Jerry. 那你真是让我别无他法了，Jerry。
walk over 苛刻对待
You mustn't let him walk over you like that. 你不能让他那么欺负你。
way to go 棒棒哒
Once those seeds
wear off, you're gonna lose most of your motor Skills. 一旦种子的效力过去 你会失去大部分运动机能。
- ❓ What do you want to have for dinner? 晚餐想吃什么？
- ✔️ I don't mind. 随便 / 我不介意。
- ✔️ As you wish. / As you like.
- ✔️ Anything is fine. / Anything will do.
- ✔️ Up to you. / It's up to you. 你决定。
- ❌ Whatever = I don't care.
- Okay, I'm sensing this is some kind of wordplay. 好的，我可以感到这是什么文字游戏的。
Make the world a better place.
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.
I was worried sick about you, why didn't you call?
Nervous 是 短暂的紧张状态。
- How was work today?
- Another day, another dollar.
- I'm a man of my word.
- No wonder。